There is an unassuming “tool” that may or may not be hanging around your home, office, or workplace just waiting to be used. This product makes your life much easier and is a literally offers a true “pick-me-up.” It does not take up too much space especially if it folds. It encourages safety and practicality without being expensive. It comes in many different materials, sizes and colors and its sole purpose is to save the user from uncomfortably reaching too much and dangerously losing balance.
Step ladders and step stools are essential to homes and work spaces. How is a step ladder or step stool defined? The American Ladder Institute describes:
“A Ladder-type Step Stool is a self-supporting, foldable, portable ladder that is non-adjustable in length, 32-inches or less in overall size, with flat steps and without a pail shelf. It is designed so that the ladder Top Cap as well as all steps can be climbed on. The side rails may continue above the top cap. It is intended for use by one person.
The length of a Ladder-type Step Stool is measured along the front side rail from the feet at the bottom to the top cap. Any side rail extensions on the stool are not considered part of the Step Stool size.”
The American Ladder Institute further explains the proper use for safety and efficiency:
- A Ladder-type Step Stool requires level ground support for all four of its side rails. If this work site condition does not exist, a Ladder-type Step Stool should not be selected for the job.
- A Ladder-type Step Stool must not be used unless its base is spread fully open and the Spreaders locked. Ladder-type Step Stools are not to be used as Single Ladders or in the partially open position.
- In order to prevent tipping the Step Stool over sideways due to over-reaching, the user must climb or work with the body near the middle of the steps or top cap. The Step Stool should be set-up close to the work. Never attempt to move the Step Stool without first descending, relocating the Step Stool, and then re-climbing. Do not attempt to mount the Step Stool from the side or step from one ladder or Step Stool to another unless the Step Stool is secured against sideways motion.
- When ascending or descending the Step Stool, always face the Step Stool.
- The braces on the rear of a Step Stool are not intended for climbing or standing and must not be used for that purpose.
- The anti-slip feet at the bottom of the Step Stool side rails must be present and in good condition prior to using. The Step Stool must not be used on ice, snow or slippery surfaces unless suitable means to prevent slipping is employed.
- A Step Stool must never be placed upon other objects such as boxes, barrels, scaffolds, or other unstable bases in an effort to obtain additional height.
- To protect children, do not leave a Step Stool set up and unattended.
Stop struggling to overreach. Stop needlessly endangering yourself. Always practice safety first and follow the user guidelines provided by each manufacturer. Shop for your top quality step stools and ladders right here with us at our online warehouse superstore and enjoy low, wholesale prices on a vast assortment of products. Get the boost you need from us! It has never been easier to be safe and still save!